Support the community by creating and holding the vision of transformational change through sharing of resources, advocacy, education, evaluation and facilitation.
Our Guiding Principles
- There are many pathways to recovery.
- Recovery is self-directed and empowering.
- Recovery involves a personal recognition of the need for change and transformation.
- Recovery is holistic.
- Recovery has cultural dimensions.
- Recovery exists on a continuum of improved health and wellness.
- Recovery is supported by peers and allies.
- Recovery emerges from hope and gratitude.
- Recovery involves a process of healing and self-redefinition.
- Recovery involves addressing discrimination and transcending shame and stigma.
- Recovery involves (re)joining and (re)building a life in the community.
- Recovery is a reality- It can, will, and does happen.
- The language of recovery is powerful and transformative
At the 2014 Recovery Northwest Conference, interested individuals signed up to attend a meeting in Seattle to begin the process of forming a Statewide Recovery Coalition.
They were also encouraged to start local recovery coalitions, which is why this group of committed volunteers have formed the SW WA Recovery Coalition. This is an inclusive group of organizations and individuals who want to unite behind a common goal of adding a voice to recovery in Southwest Washington. Whether it’s participating in monthly meetings, spreading the word about recovery, advocating for recovery resources, educating legislators, sharing resources, or celebrating recovery everyone is welcome. At this time the core committee is working on getting out the word and inviting any citizens who are interested to attend.